APPLY NOW for $28
AUG 20 – 25, 2017
PENOBSCOT BAY, MAINE
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Private room for 5 nights
- Private room at Nebo Lodge on North Haven Island
- In case of second guest attendee, add $2,000
- 3 locally sourced meals daily
- Passage on a private charter boat among the islands of Penobscot Bay
- Discussions, critique, and guidance to the best spots inaccessible to the general public
- Priceless connections, insight, and opportunities
- Application fee of $28 counts toward total, if selected.
- Call for applications closes Sunday, July 9.
- All portfolios will be reviewed, and selected attendees will be notified via email by Sunday, July 16. Attendees will have one week to secure their spot by paying a 50% deposit.
- Full fee is due by Sunday, August 6.
- Please read the Terms & Conditions below.
APPLY NOW - $28.00 Application Fee
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By registering above, you understand that you are entering your photography portfolio into consideration for an all-inclusive, luxury photo excursion to Penobscot Bay in Maine. The registration fee of $3,650 covers guidance, meals, and accommodations at Nebo Lodge, but you are responsible for your travel to and from the seminar.
The Collective Quarterly will review all portfolios and offer invitations based on merit. Sunday (8/20) and Friday (8/25) are considered arrival and departure days. The Collective Quarterly will provide dinner on Sunday (8/20), three meals per day Monday through Thursday, and breakfast on Friday (8/25).
The $28 application fee is non-refundable but will count toward your total payment if selected. The tuition fee for the workshop is $3,650. If selected, a 50% deposit of $1,825 is due by Sunday, July 23, with the remaining $1,797 due on Sunday, August 6. Factor an additional $2,000 if bringing a guest or significant other.
All fees are non-refundable. However, in the unlikely event that The Collective Quarterly cancels or reschedules the Event, The Collective Quarterly will make a reasonable effort to notify you and, if necessary, reimburse the full registration fee. The Collective Quarterly is not responsible for reimbursing travel expenses if the Event is canceled.
This is an all-inclusive, luxury excursion that provides private guides, a charter boat, lodging, food/beverage, and access to private island landscapes in a remote area. Other workshops may vary in their scope and infrastructure, but our goal with Venture: Penobscot is to provide an unparalleled presentation for our attending photographers and to give them the same mind-blowing experience we had when producing our issue here.
We'll be based on North Haven Island. Along with Vinalhaven, it makes up Penobscot's Fox Islands—two of the handful or remaining inhabited islands in the Bay. Nearby are Deer Isle, Matinicus Rock, Monhegan, Seal Island, and Isle Au Haut (which features part of Acadia National Park.) Places like these feature not only working lobster harbors, but also land trusts and reserves that are home to an incredible variety of birds and sea-life.
We've chartered a private boat with an experienced captain who will be available to ferry us among the islands whenever we need. Though wildlife and nature are unpredictable and sightings are never guaranteed, our guides are experienced at knowing the best spots to encounter seals, seabirds, lobstering, and other wildlife on unspoiled islands.